YouTube is launching a new feature called Super Thanks that allows viewers to give their support to their favorite players. This feature is available to content producers in 68 countries, and YouTube plans to expand its coverage soon.
On July 20, YouTube introduced this feature that allows viewers to pay directly to content providers. This feature can help authors make more money from their fans.
Fans can choose from four Super Thanks packages priced from $ 2-50 to show their gratitude for their favorite YouTube video creator.
When a user purchases any of these packages, they will see a celebration animation with the name on top of the comments section. So the creators themselves see them at the forefront and are able to respond to their top fans.
Eligibility for the benefits of the YouTube Super Thanksgiving feature
Super Thanks feature formerly known as Applause from the viewer is still in beta and only available to authors in a few selected countries. YouTube aims to spread the coverage of this feature to all content providers by the end of this year.
If you’re a content provider and would like to check eligibility for YouTube’s Super Thanks feature, follow the steps below.
- Go to this link YouTube Studio.
- Move the mouse Commercialization option available in the menu on the left.
- Click Super tab. If you are in the Supers section for the first time, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
- Content producers must be in a permitted location 68 countries.
- If you don’t see Super tab, which means you don’t have access to the Super Thanks feature yet.
- Once you have followed the instructions above and if you see them Super tab, you will see the power button next to it. If you don’t see the options, it means you don’t have access at the moment.
The Super Thanks feature is not available for age-restricted, private, child-made, and hidden videos.