I had the opportunity to welcome Richard Nazarewicz, the SEO technical lead at The Wall Street Journal, to my office to discuss SEO. In this two-part interview, with around 30 minutes of SEO knowledge, we talked about a ton of SEO topics.
Here’s a bulleted list of the topics we’ve covered and feel free to watch the interviews below:
- Richard Nazarewicz’s story in the SEO space going back to his work at Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) where Alta Vista servers were hosted
- Self-employment and temporary work during your stay in Spain and your move to the United States
- Join the Wall Street Journal as an SEO
- How to approach technical SEO for a newspaper like the Wall Street Journal
- Typical day of an SEO at the WSJ
- Some big SEO wins at the WSJ
- Using Live Coverage, Indexing API, and Bing
- The importance of permanent content
- Algorithm updates impact the WSJ
- Everyone’s mindset being an SEO at the WSJ
- and much more
Here are the two videos:
If you are a research professional interested in appearing on Barry’s vlog, you can fill in this form on the search engine roundtable; he is currently looking to do interviews in the tri-state area of NY / NJ. You can also subscribe to his YouTube channel by click here.