How many times have you had to redirect Instagram Followers to your bio link so they can access the latest content or resource you want to share? First you need them to read your Instagram story, make the extra effort by going to your profile and then actually click on your link. There comes an Instagram swipe up.
Involving followers is much easier when you can add a link directly to your Instagram story with the Instagram swipe feature.
Continue reading to find:
- What an Instagram scan tool is
- How to access the tool
- How to add links to your Instagram story
- How to add a sweep up your Instagram story even if you don’t have 10,000 followers
- And more!
But first, watch this short video if you want to learn simple hack adding a swipe link to an Instagram story WITHOUT 10k followers. (We also cover the steps below.)
Everyone else: keep reading.
Download free 20 customizable Instagram story template pack now. Save time and look professional while promoting your brand in style.
What is the Instagram scan tool?
Instagram swipe up tool revolutionized the way companies and influencers reached their audiences and got more followers allowing them to add links directly to their Instagram stories. Viewers can swipe up the story or tap the arrow at the bottom of the screen to access the link without leaving the Instagram app or going back to business life. It’s also an easy way to promote a variety of content and products while offering effective analysis to optimize messages.
Simply put: Swipe up is an important tool for any Instagram business strategy.
Instagram swipe up
Here’s the catch with this feature: You have to meet certain requirements before you can use it.
To use the Instagram sweep feature, you must:
- Do you have verified account (Blue box next to profile, meaning that Instagram has confirmed that the account is a genuine presence of the public person, celebrity, or global brand it represents)
The stories only last 24 hours. However, adding links to your Instagram stories is a sure way to increase conversions, increase organic engagement, and make it easier for your followers to access content.
Here’s how to add a link to your Instagram story so people can swipe up:
1. Log in to Instagram and tap the camera icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Take a photo or video in an application or select the camera from the scroll wheel.
3. Tap the link icon at the top of the screen.
4. Paste the link (either URL or IGTV).
5. If you are using an iOS device, tap Made. If you’re using Android, tap the green box.
There are a few different ways to add links to your Instagram stories, including:
entry: You must enable Instagram Shopping before you can use the last three link options above.
Once you’ve submitted your first swipe up, don’t forget to keep track of your data so you can optimize. If you don’t get as many sweeps as you want, make sure you have a clear call to action (what do you want your followers to do?) and don’t overload one message with too much information.
If you’re not confirmed or don’t have 10,000 followers, don’t worry. You can still add a link to your story with this IGTV tour:
Here’s how to add a link to your Instagram story if you don’t have 10,000 followers:
- Create a fast IGTV video that grabs people’s attention in the video title, i.e. tell people to tap the video’s name to get a link
- Add a link to the IGTV caption
- Upload a video to your IGTV channel
- Open Instagram Stories now
- Click the link icon at the top of the screen
- choose + IGTV video
- Select an IGTV video from the link you just created
And that’s it!
People can swipe up, see the video, and click the link in your IGTV caption.
The best advantage of the Instagram sweep feature is that it allows you to easily share links with your audience. But even if you don’t have 10,000 followers, you can try a few options to get links in front of more eyeballs. This will increase sales and more loyal followers.
(Of course you can always try to get more Instagram followers too.)
Link to bio
You may already be doing this, but you can add a call-to-action and a link to the bio section of your Instagram profile. Some IG users want to put the link they want in their bio or use link shortening tools for customization.
You can also use tools that allow you to host multiple links on a single landing page (less link updates, more results!). It is called Instagram link tree and it is very easy to do.
Just remember to remind people to followlink to bion“In your subtitles when you send a message.
Post your story and let your followers know they can send you a direct link. It’s a very easy and great way for them to build a relationship with your audience because it might feel even more personal when they get a link directly from you.
Bonus: Your stories have a relatively new ‘DM Me’ sticker! Add this interactive sticker so that Followers can easily tap to reply. Please note that if you do not have access to this label, you may need to update your application.
Create a survey
Share your content, then create a survey that asks people if you want to send them a link. All you have to do is check who said yes to the survey and you can follow the link that will be sent as an instant message in the Instagram app.
Do you want to continue to increase your tracking so you can access the sweep even faster?
Make sure you are:
- Using relevant hashtags reach new users who are interested in your content
- Writing compelling captions that encourage your followers to interact with or share your message
- Advertise your Instagram account on other networks and social media platforms
Here are more key tips grow your Instagram followers organically.
Instagram swipe examples
Brands around the world use the Instagram sweep feature in creative ways. Here are a few examples of activities that will inspire you.
That’s it! You’re ready to get started with Instagram’s Swipe Up feature so you can continue to track, increase sales, and build deeper relationships.
Ready to start driving traffic to your website from Instagram? Use Hootsuite to schedule stories and carousels, engage your audience, and analyze performance alongside all your other social networks.
Create, analyze and schedule Instagram messages With a hootsuite. Save time and get results.