If you have an online store that sells customers around the world, determining taxes and tax-free prices can be laborious and time consuming. Some of your business customers may demand that the tax be excluded from the price of the product.
With the default Prestashop, you can categorize corporate customers you don’t want to be taxed into specific customer groups. But the resulting invoice includes the price including taxes.
Thanks to Prestashop’s B2B invoicing, which allows you to tax-exempt some customers, such as businesses. You can select the customer groups for which you want to remove taxes completely. You can also choose European or global B2B customers who do not have to pay taxes.
Excluding taxes from the actual sales price for certain customer groups will help you retain your B2B customers.
Prestashop B2B invoicing features
- Invoice your B2B customers without taxes.
- Select B2B customer groups to be exempt from the tax.
- Eliminate taxes for B2B customer groups in your country.
- Choose European and global B2B customers who don’t have to pay taxes.
- Enable SIRET confirmation for French professional clients.
- Confirm the VAT number of European professional customers via VIES.
- Add the Website, Ape, SDE, and PEC fields to the Executive Account Creation form.
- A separate “Executive Customer” tab where you can view the list of corporate customers.
- Customers in selected customer groups see product prices without taxes.
- Email notification to both administrators and selected employees whenever a B2B customer signs up for a store.
- Activate / deactivate B2B customers from the background office.
- View the pre-registration CMS page to show your B2B customers the terms and conditions for creating an Executive account.
- The Prestashop B2B calculation module is compatible with several stores.
- First, go to the module management back office and click “submit module”.
- Then drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module can be installed successfully.
Create customer groups
First, the administrator must create B2B customer groups for which he wants to remove taxes. Go to Shop Parameters -> Customer Settings -> Groups.
When creating a customer group, the administrator must select “Tax-free” as the price display method if he wants to bill customer groups without taxes.
Similarly, an administrator can create B2B customer groups for EU countries and countries other than his. Once you have created the B2B customer groups, the configuration of the module will be discussed.
Prestashop B2B Invoice Setup
The module configuration is divided into 4 parts:
- Customer setting
- VAT number setting
- General setting
- API setting
Let’s discuss each setting one at a time.
In this tab, the administrator can select the customer groups for which he wants to remove taxes. This module also offers the opportunity for tax-free European or global corporate customers.
- Default destination for your country – If a corporate customer registers for a trade and belongs to the administrator’s country, he or she belongs to the default customer group.
- Group access for corporate customers in your own country – In this field, the administrator can select the customer groups for which he wants to display the price without taxes.
Similarly, the administrator can select from the Worldwide and EU Countries tabs:
- Default customer group for B2B customers from EU countries and countries other than him.
- B2B customer groups (located in EU countries and countries other than his stores) that do not have to pay taxes.
VAT number setting
From this tab, your administrator can enable or disable:
- Display of the SIRET and VIES fields on the customer registration form.
- Automatic confirmation of the VAT number by SIRET and VIES.
On the General Settings tab, an administrator can:
- Select the CMS page that will be displayed by clicking the “Create Executive Account” button in the store.
- Specify the specific fields he or she wants to appear on the Executive Account Creation form.
- Choose who receives the email for business customer registration.
Under “API Setting”, the administrator must enter the client and client keys to confirm the SIRET number of B2B clients. An administrator can obtain these keys by logging in to the URL listed in the screenshot below.
To detect the client’s location, the administrator must enable the “Geolocation by IP address” field in Geolocation. To use geolocation, the administrator must download the Geoip file and extract it to the / Resources / geoip / directory.
Prestashop B2B invoicing front-end workflow
After installation, the new “CREATE EXECUTIVE ACCOUNT” button will be available on the login form. B2B customers can create an Executive account by clicking this button. When a customer visits a store, the store identifies their location based on their IP address
The client redirects to the CMS page selected by the administrator by clicking the “CREATE TEXT ACCOUNT” button.
Clicking on “Create Execution Account” will open a form where the customer must fill in the required information to complete the registration. All fields taken by the administrator from the back will appear on the registration form as shown in the screenshot below.
From the screenshot above, it can be seen that some fields are optional to fill in. If your administrator has made these fields mandatory, you must provide the information to complete the registration process.
Once you’ve created your Executive account, the store will display a message as shown in the screenshot below.
Executive accounts created by the customer are activated after it is confirmed by the administrator from the back office service.
After installation, a new tab “Executive Customer” will be available under Customers. This tab allows the administrator to view a list of clients who have created an Executive account. In addition, the administrator can view customer information and enable or disable their account.
If the customer belongs to a group selected by the administrator from the back office service, the customer can view the tax-free prices in the shopping cart.
An order invoice is created without taxes, as shown in the screenshot below.
This was about the Prestashop B2B calculation module. I hope this document helps you to check the functionality of the module better. Also let us know your opinions in the comments.
If you need technical assistance or questions, pick up your ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current product version – 4.0.0
Supported frame version – 1.7.xx