Social media is becoming powerful every day. People who don’t exercise are just lagging behind or losing opportunities. The e-commerce also integrates social media tools extensively to fulfill different purposes. Among the various social media channels / platforms, WhatsApp secures its position quite rigorously. Two billion users in 180 countries is a testament to its unparalleled popularity. Therefore, looking only at such features, we also thought of bringing in a module that can effectively harness its potential. PrestaShop Buy products through WhatsApp module.
After integrating this module, e-commerce merchants can allow customers to place orders through WhatsApp. The module also makes it easier to start a conversation with an administrator on WhatsApp. This feature allows customers to always express their concerns / queries on WhatsApp.
PrestaShop features Buy products through the WhatsApp module
- Offer your customers to buy products through WhatsApp.
- Display the WhatsApp share button in product boxes and on the product page.
- Choose to display contacts via the WhatsApp button in the title and footer.
- Edit the name of the WhatsApp connection button.
- Also choose to edit the name and view of the WhatsApp share button.
- Customize your message to share your product on WhatsApp.
- Select the product group sections that display the product share button.
- Select the format of the product sharing message.
- Allow customers to send cart information or order information.
- Customize the name of the checkout pop-up window and checkout button name.
- Also customize the view / appearance of the checkout button.
- Select the default WhatsApp subscription.
- Enable the product information that you want customers to send cart information or order information.
- Select to display the WhatsApp connection button, share button, and checkout button on the mobile device only.
- Offer your customers to retrieve receipts for their WhatsApp subscriptions.
- Also, create documents from the settings page itself if there are no documents.
How to install PrestaShop Buy Products via the WhatsApp module
- First, go to the module management back office and click “submit module”.
- Then drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module can be installed successfully.
How to configure PrestaShop Buy Products through the WhatsApp module
After successful installation of the module, the module must be configured. There are several options in the configuration settings. You can see the function / meaning of each option in the screenshot below.
In the configuration settings, it is possible to allow the use of the document for WhatsApp subscriptions as well. If you want to let your customers use any existing coupons, enter the code in the field. Otherwise, you can also create a new document on the settings page itself.
So this was about the configuration settings of the module. Now just continue to know more about the ordering process through WhatsApp.
Start a chat or share a product on WhatsApp
After successful installation of the module, the new button adds two new slots. These two places are:
- In the title section of the front end of the store
- Product boxes that are available on product page pages, such as Home, Category Page, etc.
Using “Chat on WhatsApp”Button, the user can start a conversation with the administrator. Customers can use this feature for general inquiries related to in-store purchases. Customers can use another button in the product pane to share the product with an administrator on WhatsApp. Sharing a product would indicate customer interest in the product to the administrator.
After clickingChat on WhatsApp”Button, the customer moves to the next page. Here he needs to click the Continue Conversation button to start a conversation with the administrator.
Upon confirmation, a new WhatsApp chat window with the administrator number will open. Now the customer can ask the administrator what he wants.
When you share a product, a predefined message with product information is copied to the text box. Now the customer chooses whether to send this message to the administrator or not.
In addition to the product pages, a button for sharing the product on WhatsApp is also available on the product page.
Buy the product through WhatsApp
The button to order the product on WhatsApp will also be available on the shopping cart page. There are two ways an administrator can let a customer create an order through WhatsApp. These two ways are:
- The first way is to send the product information along with the quantity to WhatsApp. The administrator then manually creates the order on behalf of the customer.
- Another way is to allow customers to create an order and submit order information.
In any case, the customer only needs to click the Subscribe WhatsApp button.
Only send shopping cart information to Admin WhatsApp
And by clicking the button, the message containing the product information is copied to the text box of the WhatsApp window.
Create an order and send the information to the administrator of WhatsApp
Suppose an administrator allows a customer to place an order and send information through WhatsApp.
Then click the Subscribe WhatsApp button to open a pop-up window.
In this pop-up, the customer must confirm the information and click the Continue button. In the pop-up window, the customer can even add a coupon allowed by the administrator.
Clicking the Continue button will open a new pop-up window. This pop-up window allows the customer to re-edit the information or otherwise place an order.
After clicking the Subscribe button, the admin chat window will reopen in WhatsApp. Even this process sends a message to the administrator after placing the order, the same message as sending the shopping cart information.
The reason for the same message is that the customer does not know whether he is sending shopping cart information or order information. Therefore, we send the same message to the administrator each time. To allow the administrator to take the necessary action after receiving the notification.
So, it was about Prestashop PrestaShop Buy products through the WhatsApp module. I hope this document helps you to check the functionality of the module better. Also let us know your opinions in the comments.
If you’re also looking for a module that can be uploaded to social media channels at the same time, then do it at checkout blogs.
If you need technical assistance or questions, pick up your ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current product version – 1.7.xx
Supported frame version – 4.0.0