Wondering how to fix AH01071: Is the ‘primary script unknown’ in Plesk? We can help you.
Often, our customers report finding this error in the website error log when updating to Plesk Obsidian.
Here at Bobcares, we often process our customers ’requests to fix similar Plesk errors as part of the server management service. Today we will see how support engineers fix this for our customers.
What is causing AH01071: Plesk has error ‘Primary script unknown’
Before we go into the steps of fixing this error, we will see what causes this error.
A typical error in the website error log looks like this:
AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown' - Apache Error
Although all server services work well, we may see that php sites show an “File not found” error.
Usually, this is due to invalid permissions on the domain folder.
Here are some of the symptoms we detect with the error:
1. File management fails for a specific domain or for all server domains:
Server Error 500 PleskUtilException Internal error: Unable to find the directory /var/www/vhosts/example.com/: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied
2. Unable to perform operations in File Manager: such as ZIP decompression, copying, renaming, changing permissions, etc.
3. Unable to connect via FTP to the root or subfolder of the domain with the following error:
4. FTP connection failed: 421 The service is not available, the remote server is closed.
4. Alternatively, files cannot be added to Domains> example.com> File Manager> Add to Archive:
Unable to create the archive: filemng failed: filemng: /usr/bin/zip execution failed: zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied.
Next we will see how to fix this error either from Plesk GUI or via SSH.
How to fix AH01071: got an error ‘primary script unknown’ in Plesk
We now see the steps our support planners follow to fix this issue for our customers.
1. First log in to the Plesk interface
2. Then we need to install the patch extension
3. For this we can go Tools and Settings> Diagnosis and Repair> File System> Repair
1. First we need to connect to the server via SSH
2. Then run the following command to fix the file permissions:
# plesk repair fs -y example.com
Fix permissions for all domains:
# plesk repair fs -y
[Still, stuck with the error? We can help you]
In short, we saw how Support techniques fix AH01071: Our clients found an error in Plesk ‘primary script unknown’.
var google_conversion_label = “owonCMyG5nEQ0aD71QM”;